How You Can Help
Be the friend that sticks around. Consistency in relationships can help tremendously with the mental health of families.
Supporting families in any way can bring comfort to yourself and others. We have many opportunities to serve.
Feeling lost on what to get a family or child in need? Take look at our wish list to get started on helping out.
Shop to Help
Many families need specific items they are unable to purchase on their own. Gift them something personal.
Be The Friend That Sticks Around
When a friend or family member has a child diagnosed with cancer, it can be challenging to know how best to support them. Here are some suggestions to consider:
Remember, your presence and support can make a significant difference in their lives. Adapt to their needs, be patient, and continue to be the friend you have always been.
The lists below contain items that we currently have a need for or an ongoing need for use in our Comfort Bags and Snacks. Thank you for your generosity and willingness to help us in supporting families in need.
These are given to families when a child is newly diagnosed
- 3″ Three-Ring Binders
- Pencil Cases/bags with holes to be held in binders
- Date Books
- Excedrin – extra strength
- Pill Organizers
- Pill Crusher
- Individual tissue packets (soft)
- Individual size hand sanitizer (Germ-X)
- Small First Aid Kits
- Small manicure sets
Emergency Overnight Bags:
- Hand sanitizer
- Tissues (soft)
- Small combs or brushes
- Hand Lotion
- Travel Size Shampoo and Conditioner
· ** No more soap, please
- Individual juice boxes
- Individually wrapped granola bars, breakfast bars, snack bars
- Individual packages of cookies, crackers, chips, dried fruit, trail mix, beef jerky
- Instant cup of soup packets.
- Coffee singles packets (regular & decaf)
- Individual coffee creamers
- Teabags, regular & herbal flavors
- Packages of Hot cocoa and spiced cider
- Microwave popcorn
- Any individually wrapped healthy snack
- Toner Cartridges: Epson 34517A (ET3850 Series) & HP564AC9 (HP office jet 6500 E710n-z)
- Miscellaneous Office Supplies
- Copy Paper
- Postage stamps
- Restaurant Coupons/Vouchers Pizza Vouchers
- Coffee cards (Starbucks is always a favorite, Thomas Hammer is IN the hospital
- Small toys valued at between $1 and $5 for all ages (birth – teens) boys and girls.
- I-Tunes/Amazon/Starbucks, etc. cards for teens
There are many volunteer opportunities available to you. Below are just some of the many ways that you can get involved. If you would like to sign up to volunteer, click the sign up button to send us an email and we will reach out with available dates and times.
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Childhood Cancer Coalition at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number 93515.
Shop and purchase things you normally buy online and benefit Childhood Cancer Coalition without spending any additional money.
We receive a donation from the companies when you use one of the online portals listed below shop or search the web and designate our charity as the beneficiary.
You are already making the purchases, why not make them count!
Walmart Spark for Good
- Monthly Snack Sponsors
- New Patient Bag Sponsorships
- Office location Sponsorship.
Monetary donations are gladly accepted and support our many programs and services.